Monday, January 26, 2009

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Call it great timing. I saw this wonderful fireworks display from Petron Treats Bel Air gas station. I was looking for an ATM to withdraw money to pay for my Globe broadband bill. The nearest ATM from Best Western was the one in front of A. Venue Hotel. Unfortunately, it's not working. So I had to go all the way back to Petron. Got the cash and decided to order a strawberry smoothie and an orange-chocolate muffin at Gloria Jean's. 12:00 AM. I was just about to leave when the fireworks show started at the parking lot of Mandarin Oriental. I realized then that it's the Chinese New Year's eve. It was a full 15-minute pyrotechnic spectacle. I wasn't able to record everything because my T700's batteries went dead (documented the ironing skills of the Cebu team, remember?). Bummer! And I thought I'd be lucky this year.... Enjoy the video and the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment